Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hair-do's and (dental) Hygiene

I want to introduce you to my friend Kate over at The Small Things Blog: http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/

Ok, she's not technically my "friend" BUT I often spend at least an hour per weekend on her blog - which is more than I spend with some of my friends per week, so there.  Plus, if we knew each other in real life, I think we actually would be friends.  She's super down-to-earth, relatable, trusts God, and is a savvy business-woman. I admire how she's taken her skills to the next level and built her own little empire.   Oh yeah, and she kind of has a southern accent, to boot.

Some people like to read blogs about crafting, decorating or remodeling.  I LOVE to watch hair DIYs, and now that my hair is longer, I can actually do some of this stuff.  If I'm trying something new w/ my hair, chances are I got the idea from one of her videos.

On to (dental) hygiene -
So this week, I got my first REAL filling.  I call it a REAL filling because the first filling I got was on my top teeth, so I only experienced a short acting, very local, numbness.  But, when you get one on your bottom teeth, it's a whole new ball game.  And, I'm kind of dramatic.

What the heck?  No one warned me!  Clearly, I should have worked from home for the remainder of the day.  I felt like I had a baseball in my lower lip, my right side of my tongue felt 3x the size of the left, and I talked with a lisp for a solid 3 hours post filling.  Oh yeah - and I am also highly dependent on coffee, so I proceeded to drool all over my chin just a few times that day in front of a few different people.

Joy - So NOW, I floss EVERY NIGHT.  I would encourage you to do the same.  And I know exactly where this cavity came from: noshing on Dots while watching all those Oscar nominated films this fall. I'm ashamed of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment